Genentech will provide credit or replacement for a product return only if it is authorized and after the actual physical product has been received and identified by Inmar RX Solutions.
Expired Returnable Products
Product Returns will be accepted from direct (wholesaler) and non-direct (wholesaler's customers, ie, pharmacies) accounts under the following conditions:
- Product returned within 2 months prior to and 6 months past expiration date
- Product in its original container and bearing its original label
The following products are non-returnable, regardless of expiration date:
- Products damaged by improper storage or handling, fire, flood, or catastrophe
- Repackaged products
- Products that had been sold expressly on a non-returnable basis
- Products obtained illegally or from an unauthorized source
- Products purchased on the "secondary source" market or from a distributor who is not a direct purchasing account with Genentech
- Partially filled vials
- Products with no lot numbers, expiration dates, or with unreadable labels
- Products in their original containers but with prescription labels attached
- Products that Genentech determines, in its sole discretion, are otherwise adulterated, misbranded, or counterfeit
Procedure for Returning Products
The procedure for returning products depends on the condition of the product.
- Unless requested, all TNKase expired returns will be replaced. If you would like a credit for your return, please contact Genentech Customer Service at (800) 551-2231 to obtain authorization and return box label. Shipping and transportation charges are prepaid by the customer.
- The Genentech USA Return Good Policy and instructions on how to return expired Genentech products can be found online at https://www.gene.com/contact-us/customer-service/product-issues/return-goods-policy
- To return damaged product, please contact Genentech Customer Service at (800) 551-2231
When Genentech product is prescribed for a labeled indication is spoiled and unable to be administered, the product might be eligible for replacement through the Genentech Spoilage Replacement Program.*
- You may complete your request for spoilage replacement online at www.spoilage.gene.com or by calling Genentech Customer Service at (800) 551-2231.
- Up to date information on product returns is available on the Genentech Customer Service website.
Please be sure to retain intact vials and all product. Unless the vial is broken, all product must be returned. If the vial is broken, a completed Certification of Destruction form is required.
*Subject to certain limitations and conditions
- Genentech will continue to process credits
- All products returned, including unauthorized returns, will be destroyed
- Returns for reasons related to product quality (for example, solution is cloudy, etc.) will continue to be processed by Genentech—Please contact Genentech's Quality Department at (800) 334-0290
- Customers are liable for the product until Inmar RX Solutions or Genentech identifies it as an appropriate product return, which may be up to ten business days after receiving the product
- Products covered by this policy include TNKase and Activase
Genentech Patient Foundation
The Genentech Patient Foundation gives free Genentech medicine to people who meet certain income criteria and don't have insurance coverage or have financial concerns.